For International or Expedited Shipping please order by phone (304) 497-2756. Orders placed online will be shipped UPS Ground. Order a Catalog by Mail.
The Alta is the same basic package as the AltaCom II, but without the paging. It is fully upgradeable.
The Alta is a racing weatherstation designed for superior in-field operation. From sensor specifications and board design to the remote sensing and software; every choice has been made to provide you with stable, accurate platform you can rely on.
The The Alta can be used successfully by professional and sportsman racers in all IHRA and NHRA drag racing classes, as well as circle track and road racing teams. The Alta is ideal for the dyno – with it’s fan aspirated remote sensor which can be placed to accurately measure intake air, and accurate horsepower correction calculations.
The Alta Standard Features
The Alta is an excellent weatherstation for tuning, racing and dyno work. The fan-aspirated remote sensor housing are mounted above the trailer roof or in the plenum. The remote cable permits flexible setup, with the console located for convenient viewing. The LCD on the console updates every 20 seconds. The console logs data to internal memory, and can be connected to a PC with the included serial cable for downloading and live data display on screen Both 12 volt power cord and 110 supply are included.
- Trailer Based (both 12 volt and AC Power)
- Fan-Aspirated Remote Sensors
- Professional Grade Sensors
- 4 measured and 7 Calculated Values
- Custom Calculations Available
- Mounting Mast
- Weather Data Logging
- Merlin Prediction Software
- Merlin Software Manual
- Live Drag Racing Predictions (multiple vehicle)
- Run Graphing, Customizable Predictions
- Three Year Warranty
- Friendly Knowledgeable Tech Support
- PRO Anemometer (wind speed and direction as well as maximum gust)
- Auxillary Temperature Sensor (Track Temp)
- Custom Cabling for larger trailers
- J10 Panel Mount Cable Connector for Custom Trailer Installations
This is everything included with the standard AltaCom II.
- Remote Sensor Housing
- 20′ Remote Sensor Housing Cable w/ Strain Relief
- Power Supply
- 12 volt power cord
- Serial Cable
- PVC Mounting Mast
- Aluminum Sun Shield and screws
- Documents and Hardware Manual
- Merlin CD (contains Manual)
- Carry Case
2.5″h x 6.25″w x 8″d
weight 2.5 lbs
memory write interval = 10 minutes / 1021 samples
front panel LCD
rear panel has on/off switch and connections -DB25 f RS232, DB9 f to Remote Sensor Housing, power supply port
LCD is 2 x 16 character supertwist backlight, 20 sec update and scroll button
Additional Input Ports: 4 A/D RG11, 1 digital W/S
Remote Sensor Housing
Durable ABS Construction
powerful ventilation fan
Aluminum roof with standoffs
PVC Mounting Mast
Temperature 0 – 125 x 0.1F x 1% Semiconductor with a linear output.
Relative Humidity 0 – 100% x 0.1% x 3% IC (Integrated Circuit) with linear output and multi-point calibration for full scale repeatability.
Absolute Barometric Pressure 21 – 31.5″Hg x 0.01 x 0.1 IC with built-in signal conditioning and temperature compensation.
Ambient Light 0-1000 IC with linear output.